10.10.2008

Using Up Sick Time

After confirming what I already knew was true, that I have a virus kicking my ass that I can't do anything about, my doctor asked me what my job was and was anyone sick in my house? He laughed in pity when I answered that I'm a teacher and I have a 2 year old who goes to daycare and gave me that look that said this will continue to be my reality for a while.

On the bright side, being home sick has allowed me to catch up on politics and culture by reading Time and Newsweek and watching video snippets on my laptop. We don't have TV hooked up, so what to veg out to when you're sick? I've been watching a bunch of Daily Show, Colbert Report, and Oprah clips.

The fact that I haven't blogged in a while is a good indicator of my life right now. It means I haven't had much time for myself, or that which I have had has been when I'm too tired and fuzzy to be creative or bother to want to express myself. I think up posts all the time, but they don't get executed.

Had a long talk with my sister today. She recently embarked on SAHM-hood with 2 kids (maternity leave turned into resigning). I recently resumed being a WM (after summer break). We analyzed it from every angle. They both suck. We're both exhausted all the time. We both get nothing done. We both are barely trying to get by most days. 

We're going to track it over the next few months, but so far it's a tie.

No comments: